Hair Differences & FAQs
What are the differences in Indian Remy, Brazilian Remy, Peruvian Remy, and Malaysian Remy hair?
Indian Remy Hair: Collected from the Tiraptu temples in Southern Asia where women go to donate their hair for spiritual and religious purposes, Indian hair is the most accessible and versatile hair available. Naturally fine to medium in thickness, this hair is normally dark in color yet is easily color-lifted to blonde and other, lighter hair tones. Indian Hair is also naturally thick and straight and is great for straight, shiny, and sleek hairstyles. It is available in curly, wavy, and straight styles and blends in great with many individual's natural hair textures. Anti-frizz products are recommended in areas where humidity is high.
Brazilian Remy Hair: Brazilian Hair is hair donated from women of the small and rural places within Brazil and is currently the most in-demand hair texture on the market for many reasons. Brazilian Hair is genetically diverse but tends to be natural and shiny in appearance and is very versatile, thick, and durable, yet soft and smooth to the touch. This hair also tends to blend in with most individual's natural hair textures and does not require any special maintenance. It is available in curly, wavy, and straight styles and often holds curls longer than Indian Hair.
Peruvian Remy Hair: Peruvian Hair originates from the women of the remote villages of Peru who have donated their hair and tend to be thicker and course in texture than Brazilian and Malaysian Hair. A true and ultimately multipurpose hair, its soft and lightweight qualities allow a highly manageable and feathery, natural, luxurious, and voluminous look. It is available in curly, wavy, and straight styles and is very versatile in each style.
Malaysian Remy Hair: Malaysian Hair originates from the women of Malaysian decent who have donated their hair to Malaysian temples for religious or financial purposes. More dense, thick, heavier, softer, shiner, and silkier than Indian Hair. It is great if you are you looking for a natural wavy or curly look. It is available in curly, wavy, and straight styles.
What is a lace closure?
Lace closures are thin hair pieces made of lace which are only a few inches long and wide so that they lay flat on your head. Lace closures ensure that all of your hair is being protected while you color and blend the textures of your weave, allowing for endless coloring and hair dyeing without all of the problems and worries of color blending with your own natural hair.
How many bundles do I need for a full sew-in weave?
The number of bundles/hair packs necessary for a full head sew-in is solely variant upon the lengths of the bundles you are purchasing. Since each bundle is the exact same in weight, keep in mind that the longer the hair, the shorter the width of the weft. Here is our guide: Hair 12” through 18” in length: We recommend a minimum of 2 bundles/packs, though 2 should most often times cover your full head sew-in. We recommend 3 bundles if you are seeking a very full look. Note: We also recommend one lace closure if you are wanting to cover up your own hair or in the event you are bald, balding, or thinning out in the front or top of your head. Hair 20”+ in length: We recommend a minimum of 3 bundles, though 3 bundles will most often times cover your full head sew-in. We recommend 4 to 5 bundles if you are seeking a very full look. Note: We also recommend one lace closure if you are wanting to cover up your own hair or in the event you are bald, balding, or thinning out in the front or top of your head.
How much does each bundle of hair weigh?
Each bundle/pack of hair weighs a total of 100 grams/3.5 ounces.
What is virgin Remy ponytail hair?
Virgin Remy Hair is human hair taken directly from a multitude and variety of donors. The hair is chemically unprocessed and has not been permed, hard washed, bleached, and is free from any dyes. We take a lot of pride in the fact that we only use Virgin Remy Ponytail Human Hair. The advantage is that you are getting much more consistency with all of the hair strains because it is not a mix of multiple individuals' hair, but rather the hair cut from a ponytail from a single human donor. Regarded to be the finest quality of human hair, Virgin Remy Ponytail Human Hair is collected in a way that leaves the hair's cuticles unstripped and left completely intact. This process of collection preserves the hair cuticles and keeps the follicles going in only one single direction, allowing for the elimination of tangling issues normally found in low quality and non-Remy hair. This process also creates extensions that are extremely natural in appearance. Virgin Remy Ponytail Hair is the most premium hair currently available on the market.
What is the best way to care for the hair and keep it looking good?
With proper care, it should last you 1+ years. Here are a few must-read tips to help you along the way.
- Always brush your hair before going to bed. Always use a wide-tooth brush or detangling comb and gently brush the hair while holding it down with your other hand to prevent unnecessary tension and pulling.
- Before shampooing your hair, always detangle it. Always wash your hair gently in a downward motion using your fingers. Do not scrub or bunch the hair together as this will cause the cuticles to open up and rub against each other which would then cause tangling.
- Always condition your hair with a moisturizing conditioner such as silicon mix. This alone will make a huge difference.
- Every 4 times or so you wash your hair, add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to your shampoo and water mix. Apple cider vinegar will clarify it, add shine, and remove build-up from your hair.
- You can also condition wash your hair, this means skipping the shampoo and using your conditioner just like you would your shampoo.
- If possible, be patient with your hair weave and let it air dry after washing it.
- Apply a small amount of coconut oil 2 to 3 times per week as required.
- Avoid alcohol-based products for your hair as alcohol is very drying to hair.
- Moisturize your hair as needed with high-quality leave-in moisturizers and conditioners.
- Last but not least, our weave extensions are very high quality, very little product is needed. Do not weigh down your hair by using too many unnecessary products.
What is the quality level of the hair?
We only offer the highest quality level of hair available on the market.